LearnED Newcastle - FREE CPD Education Technology EventBook your place
A series of free CPD-accredited events where you can learn from your peers and see best-practice in action.
Wednesday 27 November
Newcastle Racecourse, High Gosforth Park, NE3 5HP
9:00 - 16:00
A series of free CPD-accredited events where you can learn from your peers, see best-practice in action and discover how to get the most from technology in your school.
Now in its second year, LearnED Roadshow has been updated following feedback from delegates. Our agenda now includes additional workgroup discussions, more case studies and greater opportunity to discuss your challenges with your fellow teachers.
Join us for your chance to:
- Hear from fellow teachers about the products and services that have made a positive impact in their school
- Take part in panel discussions with your peers, debating issues such as using technology to support teaching and learning; giving teachers more time to teach; and technology as a catalyst for change
- Discover new ways of working that will save time and make a positive impact
- Browse our supplier exhibition featuring 30 leading companies that will showcase cutting edge innovations that can transform your school
- Visit the demonstrator classroom and see inspiring lessons taking place using a variety of technology
- Come away with ideas and tips you can put into practice the very next day
- Earn CPD points for attending – you will receive a certificate at the end of the day
Who should attend:
The event is designed for headteachers, deputy headteachers, senior leaders, ICT leads in both primary and secondary schools.
BESA is delighted to offer bursaries of up to £30 to cover travel expenses to attend. For more information, tick the box when booking your ticket.
09.40: Welcome & Introduction – Caroline Wright, Director General, BESA
09.45-10.05: Opening keynote by Department for Education
10.05-10.55: Panel discussion - Using technology to save time and better support teaching & learning in the classroom. Practitioner-led discussion and Q&As on curriculum and assessment solutions.
11.00-11.40: Coffee break and educational technology classroom showcase. Plus your chance to browse the supplier exhibition.
11.45-11.50: Introduction to LendED
New 11.50-12.45: Interactive workgroup discussions. Themed delegate discussions and Q&As designed to harvest and share best-practice methodologies and guidance from attending delegates and identify opportunities for collaboration in schools across your region.
12.45-14.00: Lunch and educational technology classroom showcase. Plus your chance to browse the supplier exhibition.
New 14.05-15.05: School case studies – hear from school and digital leaders who have successfully transformed their respective schools with great teaching and technology that does what it says it will, incorporating slides to show how any challenges were navigated. Includes time for Q&A.
-Primary showcase – 20 minutes
-Secondary showcase – 20 minutes
-SEN showcase – 20 minutes
15.05-15.10: Closing speech
15.00-15.30: CPD certificate collection & raffle
15.30: Event ends