Tees Valley Cultural Education Partnership
Working collaboratively to support children and young people living in Tees Valley through points of transition in their lives through arts and culture. The Tees Valley Cultural Education Partnership (TVCEP) engages organisations, schools and support services across five Local Authority areas: Redcar & Cleveland, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Stockton-On-Tees, and Darlington. The TVCEP is emerging and developing in line with other local strategic initiatives and agendas.
Aims and objectives
- To better understand, measure and evaluate how deep and meaningful children and young people’s arts and culture participation has been and could be.
- To work through thematic sub-groups, identifying specific priority areas and gathering expertise and commitment toward collective action.
- To ensure authentic and accountable participation of all stakeholder audiences regarding the priority areas, including children and young people.
- In 2018/19 the TVCEP partners developed thinking on two themes: Early Years, and progression into employment.
- A CPD programme for Early Years practitioners and cultural organisation staff has been worked up to prepare for potential funding and investment bids to support the work.
- The Northern School of Art has undertaken a piece of research on behalf of the TVCEP with schools on current provision and needs for arts careers guidance.
- The Tees Valley Combined Authority has been engaged so that LCEP developments align with the emerging Culture Plan and the City of Culture bid.
- Partner organisations supported the Culture Bridge North East ‘The BIG Creative Teachers Event’ in Redcar in March 2019.
Information to be updated 2021
Get in touch
To get in touch: contact Susannah Batey , Culture Bridge North East Area Manager