Northumberland Cultural Education Partnership
The Partnership's aim is that Northumberland's children and young people develop new ways of seeing themselves, their communities and the wider world through creative experiences and activities, enabling them to become confident, active citizens ready to face the future.
Aim and objectives
That Northumberland's children and young people develop new ways of seeing themselves, their communities and the wider world through creative experiences and activities, enabling them to become confident, active citizens ready to face the future.
- All Northumberland schools develop a cultural entitlement plan that embeds engagement in the curriculum and across the school
- Greater equality of opportunity for children and young people's engagement across Northumberland, supported by a stronger partnership network
- More opportunities for children and young people to collaborate in planning and leading learning
- All stakeholders and partners to engage with reflective learning
- More children, young people and families engaging in activities that develop positive perceptions and greater ownership of arts and culture
- A broader range of skills is developed in the curriculum.
The Northumberland CEP is currently working with Children and the Arts to establish two Start programmes in Northumberland. Each of these programmes will involve a cultural organisation working with at least three schools over a three-year period, that currently lack frequent access to quality arts experiences.
The Northumberland CEP is in the scoping phase of its activities and is currently gathering baseline evidence and establishing delivery plans and models for the next four years.
- Kiz Crosbie, Mortal Fools (Acting Chair)
- Andy Bennett, Ovingham Middle School
- Rachel Benson, Collingwood Media Arts College
- Rowan Brown, Woodhorn Charitable Trust
- Dave Cookson, Northumberland County Council (Education & Skills)
- Jacky Craig, Music Partnership North
- Amanda Gould, Queen's Hall
- Sarah Hudson, November Club
- Fiona Johnstone, Music Partnership North
- Ros Lamont, The Maltings
- Pauline Plenderleith, Berwick Academy
- Wendy Scott, Northumberland County Council (Arts Development)
- Mel Carter, Culture Bridge North East
Get in touch
To get in touch, please contact Mel Carter, Culture Bridge North East at firstname.lastname@example.org.