Why Artsmark is right for your school
Artsmark – the award for schools, has been designed by schools for schools. Artsmark protects and supports arts in education settings, helping to unlock the potential of children and young people, to develop character and talent, and increase knowledge and understanding.
Culture Bridge North East is delighted to be working in partnership with The Forge to deliver our Artsmark programme.
To register your interest visit www.artsmark.org.uk. It’s £500 to join Artsmark (or £250 for schools with fewer than 100 pupils) and that includes the Development Day induction training for two members of staff and ongoing support from The Forge and Culture Bridge North East.
Once you have registered, The Forge will be in touch with you to attend one of our free Artsmark development days.
Artsmark development days
- 21 September – The Forge, Stanley, Co. Durham
- 18 October – Middlesbrough Institute of Modern Art
- 21 November - The Customs House, South Shields
- 6 December - BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Gateshead
- 23 January - Great North Museum: Hancock, Newcastle
- 14 March - The Sage Gateshead
To book your place go to our events page
Or if you'd like to find out more, please contact The Forge by email or call 01207 284515.
...why becoming part of Artsmark can help your school; Artsmark:
- Helps ensure all children receive high quality, inspirational, child centred experiences
- Aligns itself to your school development plan and strategically tackles whole school objectives
- Helps your school monitor and evaluate your whole school SMSC provision
- Helps audit current provision to identify areas for development
- Proactively encourages and rewards effective networking and the sharing of good practice
- Ensures that your school offers a rich, balanced and culturally diverse curriculum
- Supports successful and sustainable relationships with the creative industries
- Opens up new CPD opportunities for your staff
- Provides support for your school throughout
- Will help raise your school’s profile.
Ruth Robinson, Durham Sixth Form Centre explains: “When I expressed an interest in reapplying for Artsmark I was asked, ‘Is it worth it?’ And, ‘Have you got time?’ The answers are yes absolutely, and, if you don’t have time you should make it! Artsmark has re-invigorated practice, helped us to re-group and remember why it is so vital to continue to inspire young people through the arts and culture at the same time as supporting our whole school vision.”